Data Station | Pelin Gür – Şevval Çöloğlu
(1) The school is a station that collects, investigates, interprets, demolishes, produces, develops, transforms and then distributes information. It is a physical counterpart of an intellectual maturation process.
(2) DATA STATION QUESTIONS ARCHITECTURE BEYOND EDUCATION. IT IS A TRANSFORMATION THAT TRANSCENDS THE FORMAL, SPATIAL AND TEMPORAL BOUNDARIES OF THE SCHOOL.
(3) DATA STATION IS A VERSATILE STATION; IT COVERS THE PROCESS OF LIVING, WORKING, AND LEARNING. IT CREATES THE INTERACTION BETWEEN ITS PARTICIPANTS THROUGH THE MOVEMENT OF KNOWLEDGE WITHIN PHYSICAL AND DIGITAL WORLD.
(4) Learning happens everywhere and all the time. Learning includes digital and physical environments, tools and processes.
(5) DATA STATION HAS MOBILE PLUG-INS. THESE PLUG-INS ESTABLISH A NETWORK AMONG ALL STATIONS. THIS NETWORK PROVIDES USERS DIFFERENT ENCOUNTERS WITH THE TRANSPORTATION OF INFORMATION BY INTELLECTUAL AND PHYSICAL MEANS.
(6) The user of the data station is an explorer. The explorer is free to choose its own route. With the free power given to the explorer affords opportunities to pursue what they are truly interested in.
(7) The data station offers an environment that encourages these explorers to discover themselves, to harvest, to transform, and to update the information gained over the track of explores.
For the final jury presentation please click here.